Seashore is a performance for young children by young children. We are inviting children aged three years and younger, and their adults to participate as performers.
Join the team from Sally Chance Dance to create, rehearse and perform in Seashore at the AWESOME Festival!
We recommend that participating babies are at least 12 weeks old. We also require all children to be not yet 4 years old in September 2022.
Participation is free of charge!
Participants must be available for at least 4 days between Mon 19 – Sat 24, and 2 days between Tues 27 Sept and Sat 1 October.
What does the project involve?
The first stage of Seashore is a week of creative development workshops where you create and rehearse the content for the performance. These workshops run from Monday 19 September to Saturday 24 September daily at 10 – 11.30 am.
The workshops are child led, with you (the child’s adult) taking an active part as their artistic partner to create the performance!
The second stage of Seashore is the performance season from Tuesday 27 September – Saturday 1 October with shows at 9.30am Tuesday 27– Friday 30 September and 9.30am and 11.30am Saturday 1 October.
You choose how many of the performances you and your child feel able to do. You will need to arrive 30 minutes before each performance.
What will I be asked to do?
- Attend at least 4 workshop sessions or all 6 if you are able (we will help you catch up if you can’t attend all of them)
- These workshops allow you to learn and rehearse the performance
- The workshops are movement based and use play to encourage connection with your child
- Choose the dates and times of the shows you can take part in (you are welcome to perform in all shows if you wish or just select a number)
- Perform with your child as one of the cast members in your selected shows
- Enjoy some special creative time with your child.
A briefing for parents/carers with Sally Chance will be held on Friday 2 September from 4pm-5.30pm or on Saturday 3 September from 10.30am-12pm in Northbridge. Details will be sent closer to the date.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions